Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Reply-To munging now considered safe and sane

From: wave++
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Reply-To munging now considered safe and sane
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:11:28 +0200

You wrote:
> I enabled it for the Xouvert mailing list, and noticed something
> important.  It does NOT obliterate a persons custom Reply-To: setting.
> It ADDS the mailing list address to the list of addresses already in the

Yup, I "noted" this new behavior of mailman on certain mailing lists
that I follow.

I started to receive an incredible number of duplicates because my
posting from different servers my From: is of course different, but that
doesn't mean I want "two" copies: If I'm able to post on a mailing list,
I'm receiving already). So people when press the reply-to button sends
an email to both the mailing list and me (again). [still hoping to
gnu.software.arch to come].

I didn't express an option on reply-to munging, but.. IMHO, it's just
sucks, in any salsa. Improve software instead of fixing services.

There's no excuses:

You are a unix user, you have the source, YOU HAVE THE POWER of
improving YOUR software.

Some years ago you MAY had an excuse (MAY... you would still be able to
write your OWN software), but now...

--
'(wave++ "Yuri D'Elia" "http://www.yuv.info/";)