Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Planned move to Arch (cygwin issue) ...

From: Karl Waclawek
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Planned move to Arch (cygwin issue) ...
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 00:13:14 -0400

> > - There is till a Windows only problem with the fact that for any file
> >   your total path length must not exceed 260 characters (MAX_PATH)
>
> Is it a Cygwin limitation? Don't they use the "\\?\" prefix for paths,
> that enable them to go up to 32000 chars?

Check the archive again - it seems Cygwin doesn't do that currently.

> > The steps above should get you going.
> > make test will still fail at .../hackerlab/tests/unidata-tests,
> > but the reason seems that the files ,tmp and ,tmp2 have different
> > kinds of line breaks, but are otherwise identical (as the test requires)
>
> Do you have an usable version after those fixes?

Well, it seems to work, but I haven't really tested
it with anything but a simple test archive.

I am sort of shying away from tla right now because whenever
I start to like some OpenSource stuff, I want to use
it on Windows too - but there are always problems.
So I start to fix them, and before I can count to 10
I am already spending way too much time on it.
I just can't affort to be pulled into more of these projects.

Karl