[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Planned move to Arch (cygwin issue) ...

From: Karl Waclawek
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Planned move to Arch (cygwin issue) ...
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:04:21 -0400

> "Karl Waclawek" <address@hidden> writes:
> > I am sort of shying away from tla right now because whenever
> > I start to like some OpenSource stuff, I want to use
> > it on Windows too - but there are always problems.
>
> What's your point though?  If everyone runs screaming from problems,
> then, well, nothing will get done.  Even bitching on the mailing list is
> probably better than doing nothing (up to a point!), since it at least
> makes it easier to see where common problems are.

I think the point is obvious: I want to make it clear that
although I am watching Arch I am not prepared to invest time.
Not because I don't want to, but because it would be too much
on my plate.

Oh, and indirectly you are already using some of my contributions to
OpenSource, as it seems tla is using an Expat version > 1.95.2 in libneon.
I am just pointing this out to illustrate that I am indeed
doing my share, just not on every possible project.

Karl