[Gnu-arch-users] Archive access w/o webdav

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Archive access w/o webdav
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:20:22 +0100

Hi!

I know this is probably a stupid beginner's question, but I have the
following problem:

I created a archive mirror, which is located on a server I don't
control, so I cannot enable WebDav there. The tutorial says:

,----
| One common situation for many people is that they are able to install
| static files as part of a web site, but they can't provide WebDAV
| access to that web site. Even under those conditions you can still
| publish an arch archive, though there are two subtleties.
|
| First, when running make-archive, you need to provide an extra flag:
|
|         % tla make-archive --listing --mirror address@hidden \
|                         $remote_location
|

| The --listing flag causes arch to keep .listing files up-to-date in
| the mirror, and that, in turn, allows people to read from the archive
| using arch over vanilla HTTP (sans WebDAV support).
`----

Altough I followed this advice (i.e. I used --listing when creating
the mirror), I get the following error when I try to 'get' a working
copy:

address@hidden:~/src/own% tla archives
address@hidden
    http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926584/arch/2003-main
address@hidden:~/src/own% tla get address@hidden/mbu--mainline--0.1
webdav error: 403 Forbidden
address@hidden:~/src/own%

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Latein ist das humanoide Äquivalent zu Fortran.
   -- Alexander Bartolich in at.linux