Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: newbie questions about tagging

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: newbie questions about tagging
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:01:19 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Stig Brautaset <address@hidden>

    > Note that current releases of arch now use "arch-tag:" instead of
    > simply "tag:". The date when the file was added is another good
    > alternative.

Regarding that and comments from several other people in this thread:

I don't know how well I can communicate my perspective here but this
is ... um ... "nifty and cool".

Newbie comes and asks basic questions.  Newbie gets sane answers
_from_people_who_aren't_necessarily_tom_.  Thanks for the degrees of
freedom afforded to me by that and the implicit affirmation that at
least some people besides me "get arch".

(I'll leave out the part where newbie doesn't get it on the first pass
and things go round-and-round for a while :-)

That's quite a change from, oh, say: early 2002.

So, uh - Thanks!

In return, I'll give some musical recommendations that the "kids" in
the group might not be familiar with in the form of lyrics quotes.
Trite, I know -- but affordable :-)

All quotes from the unofficial arch project poet laureate Laurie
Anderson ("Let X=X" and "Gravitiy's Angel"):

  "Listen, uh -- I just want to say thanks.  So ... thanks."

  "Thanks for putting on the feedbag.
   Thanks for going all out.
   Thanks for showing me your Swiss Army knife."

  "I
   feel
   feel like
   I am
   in a burning building.
   and I gotta go.

   Cause I
   I feel
   feel like
   I am
   in a burning building

   and I gotta go."

  "I met this guy
   and he looked like he might have been
   a hat check clerk

   at an ice rink.

   Which, in fact, he turned out to be.

   And I said:

   ``Oh boy.  Right again.''"
-t

  "Hugs and kisses.  XXXXOOOO"

  "Why these mountains?
   Why this sky?
   This long road?
   This ugly train?

   Well he was an ugly guy
   with an ugly face.

   An `also ran'
   in the human race.

   And even god got sad
   just looking at him.

   And at his funeral all his friends stood around looking sad

   but they were really thinking about all the ham and cheese
     sandwiches in the next room.

   And everybody used to hang around him.

   And I know why:

   they said:
   ``there but for the grace of the angels, go I.''"