[Gnu-arch-users] getting hard link support into tla

From: Robert Collins
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] getting hard link support into tla
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:10:30 +1100

Folk,
        Pau has done a really neat hack for tla: hard linking the source tree
against a revision library. Recent additional changes may change some of
the fine logic in this(*), but there is a more significant issue: SNAFU
prevention.

To get this into my integration branch, a sanity check needs to be
implemented: possibly simply
1) checking the pristine tree's inode signature for consistency during
changeset creation.
2) checking library trees inode signatures in the same way during
library get|add.

would be enough: barfing with a clear description of what went wrong and
possible fixes would at least prevent accidental corruption.

Bug 5644 in savannah
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5644&group_id=4899
has the merge request for this.

Now, Pau doesn't have time at the moment to finish this off: so here is
a request for a volunteer: merge in Pau's patch to your branch, and put
in sanity checks as described above.

That will at least give me something complete enough to review for
merging.

Savannah seems to have dropped off the planet just now though :[. I'm
sure that Pau's posts are in the archives, with archive location and the
like though.

(*)For extra credit, hardlink the source tree against the pristine tree,
and the pristine tree against the library. I suspect this will integrate
more smoothly with the upcoming 'pristine trees obtained via a hook'
patch - which I haven't had time to review (yet).

Rob