Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Command serialization

From: Moritz Muehlenhoff
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Command serialization
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:37:39 +0100

Charles Duffy wrote:
>> Unfortunately Kerberos requires passwd-based auth to generate
>> a ticket for AFS and there's no sane way to circumvent this.
>
> ...well, *almost* no way to circumvent this.
>
> Considered grabbing your AFS token on the client side and setting up AFS
> ticket passing over SSH? Granted, it's not exactly a picnic, but is
> doable nonetheless.

I tried that some time ago but ran into some problems with my university's
mix of ssh.com and openssh. Our local krb expert said it's doable, so
I'll give it another try and post an eventual solution to the wiki.

BTW: I'm reading this list through the wonderful service of gmane.org, a
mail2nntp gateway. Are there any objections against turning off the address
encryption? It breaks the arch URI scheme badly and in contrast to the mail
encryption there's no proper way to resolve the encrypted addresses.
Could the person that subscribed arch-users into gmane please request to
turn off address encryption? The gmane admin asked for confirmation from
the list admin.