[Gnu-arch-users] Re: ssh support

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ssh support
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:50:09 -0600

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 07:47:39 -0800, Tom Lord wrote:
> So, I'm not sure in what sense arch would "support ssh" beyond
> the existing sftp support.   Did you have something else in mind?

I can't speak to what Philippe is interested in, but there is one possible
way in which "support for the ssh protocol" could be added additional to
the existing sftp support.

lftp lists among its features "FISH protocol support" -- described as "ssh
with no special program on server side". Of course this is unnecessary on
most recent systems running a modern ssh with sftp support enabled, but
borrowing this (GPLed) code might be of benefit to those users where it is
useful.