Re: [Gnu-arch-users] (volunteers?) crypto signatures for arch

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] (volunteers?) crypto signatures for arch
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 08:33:41 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Robert Collins <address@hidden>

    > On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 06:13, Tom Lord wrote:
    > > There have been several (including some very recent) irc chats about
    > > adding cryptographic signatures to arch.  My understanding is that
    > > there might be some people interested in implementing this.  I can do
    > > this myself but I thought I'd post a plan for it here in case somebody
    > > wants to jump on it have some fun with it.

    > So by my count, thats 5.5 days. You say svn are still debating??

Yup.  Very impressive and thank you very much for working on this.

I really don't mean to be negative but there's a couple of things:

One is to not use hooks.   The other is this:

    > Implements signing of:
    > imports
    > changesets
    > logs

All files in the archive should be signed including =meta-info files,
CONTINUATION files, .listing files, and archive-cached revisions.
That's the idea behind doing the signing in pfs_put_file and creating
pfs_put_file_atomic.