[Gnu-arch-users] name of `backup' inventory type

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] name of `backup' inventory type
Date: 15 Dec 2003 13:24:29 +0900

Though the name `backup' _is_ used for backup files, I find it very odd
when applied to other file types.  For instance if I want to be able to
compile in the source tree, as far as I can tell, the proper thing is to
add:

  backup ^.*(\.o)$

to =tagging-method or .arch-inventory.

But this seems distinctly ... odd.  Usually I have to look at the handy
table of inventory type properties in =tagging-method to convince
myself that yes, `backup' is really what I want.

How about using a more neutral name for this inventory type, say `local'
(and of course keep `backup' for compatibility)?

Tom would you accept a patch to do this?

Thanks,

-Miles
--
((lambda (x) (list x x)) (lambda (x) (list x x)))