Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem when adding symlink to directory

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem when adding symlink to directory
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:40:42 -0600

I'm unable to reproduce this problem; see below. If you could provide a
like recipe that *does* reproduce it, that would be useful.

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 05:36, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
> now I am retrying with explicit mode. However, my tree contains a
> directory (let's call it 'a') and a symlink to that directory (let's
> call that 'b' -> 'a')
>
> First I add 'a' which works fine. However, when I try to add 'b' I get
> an error saying: attempt to id already tagged file: 'b'. So I am stuck.
>
> What can I do here? This all worked fine in names mode...

$ tla archive-setup -A address@hidden jacob-tagging-problem--test--0.1
$ mkdir jacob-tagging-problem-test
$ cd jacob-tagging-problem-test/
$ tla init-tree address@hidden/jacob-tagging-problem--test--0.1
$ tla id-tagging-method
explicit
$ mkdir A
$ echo 'bar' > A/foo
$ tla add A
$ tla add A/foo
$ tla inventory
S  A/foo
$ tla import
$ ln -s A B
$ tla add B
$ vim `tla make-log`
$ tla commit
* commited address@hidden/jacob-tagging-problem--test--0.1--patch-1

$ tla --version
tla tla-1:20031222-1.lord from regexps.com