Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla--devo--1.2 has preliminary gpg stuff

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla--devo--1.2 has preliminary gpg stuff
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 21:41:28 -0500

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 09:19:01PM -0500, James Blackwell wrote:
> I heard a nasty rumor from Bob that mirrors aren't signed.

I just checked:  mirroring seems to regenerate the ../checksum files, and if
the mirror has a =meta-info/signed-archive file, it will re-run gpg to sign
the checksum files in the mirror.

Is there any reason why it can't simply _copy_ the checksum file, along with
any gpg signature information in the original archive?  That seems a lot more
convenient, as well as being more `correct' (who knows how much time passes
between commit and mirroring), and a lot more useful for pull-based
mirroring.

-Miles
--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I