[Gnu-arch-users] Some good news

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Some good news
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:00:46 -0500

My big christmas present from my family this year was a new server. I've
decided to devote this server to people and projects that are arch
related. As such if you need a a place to keep an archive, a shell to do
development on, drop me a line. I'm willing to consider not just projects
that directly involve arch, but also "poster-boy" projects that are using
arch in their development.

Those that are currently on mercury are welcome to stay there, though in
order to entice people to migrate, I've already copied over their home
directories, where they will have more space.

As with mercury, backups are generally *not* made *1. I do plan on making
monthly dvd-r backups of the archive mirror, until it grows in excess of
4.7 gigs (its currently 1 gig).

Take care all, and happy holidays.

Sourcecontrol.net has the following stats:

Hardware Properties               Software Properties
-----------------------           -----------------------
2.1 Ghz athlon processor          Debian Gnu Sid

1 GB of ram                       Reiserfs 3.6

120 gB hard drive.                Apache

DVD +- RW burner                  Perl, Python, PHP4

A full T1 (shared with            Spamassassin *2, *3

my other interests)               Frequently updated mirrors of
                                  every archive I can find.

                                  Anything else reasonable,
                                  provided its in deiban.

*1.
I am, however, willing to make a backup files and directories on special
request, provided it will fit on a dvdr. If you ask for backups on more
than an occasional basis, expect to pick up the cost of media and
shipping.

*2
Spamassassin has been configured to not dispose of any emails, even if
they are flagged as spam. If you wish to hide spams, add the following
procmail rule:

    :0
    /dev/null

*3
After you have received at least one email, you will find a .spamassassin
directory where you can tune spamassassin performance.

--
James Blackwell        Using I.T. to bring more                570-407-0488
Owner, Inframix        business to your business        http://inframix.com