[Gnu-arch-users] Re: ftp troubles

From: Stig Brautaset
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ftp troubles
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:45:07 +0000

On Dec 28 2003, Steve wrote:
> > I am new to arch. I have been through the tutorials and FAQ but i have
> > not been able to work out whats wrong with my setup.
>
> I'm new to arch also, but I've hit the same thing.
>
> > 1:> tla archives
> > address@hidden
> >     /home/arch/archives/address@hidden
>
> > 2:> tla archives
> > address@hidden
> >    ftp://arch:address@hidden/archives/\
> >      address@hidden
>
> The archive name is *global*.  Like, global throughout the entire world.
> On the archive host, you called it "...2004-foo", but when you registered
> it on the second machine, you called it "...2004-main".  It must be
> "...2004-foo".

That is correct. Another subtle point is that you have to give a full
path after the user:address@hidden part -- the path is _not_ relative to
the user's $HOME, IIRC. (Or is this true only for sftp?)

> Unfortunately, arch acts like this is okay when it registers the archive,

I'd call that a bug, yes. It should only be allowed for the special
suffixes -SOURCE and -MIRROR.

Stig
--
brautaset.org