Re: [Gnu-arch-users] revision lock problems (with

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] revision lock problems (with
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:15:52 -0500

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 04:25:46PM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:
>     >    $ tla lock-revision -b tla-tools--devo--0--patch-1
>     >    lock-revision: revision not locked --
>     >    address@hidden/tla-tools--devo--0--patch-1
>
> ?  That's _before_ you "by hand" munged the archive?   I use that from
> time to time and it works fine for me.  (patch-1 being the last
> successfully committed revision....)

Yes.

As you can see from my transcript, I gave the lock-revision -b command with
(the nonexistant revision) `patch-2' first (I was a bit confused by the
suggestion in the help text that the command worked on the _to be created_
revision); maybe that did something weird.

> You left files in +contents which is an "illegal lock state"

Hmm, I guess I missed that... so I should be OK if just delete those?

> I'm not too happy that that state led to the confusing error message you
> saw but, absent hand-munging of the archive, it's not a case that should
> ever occur.

Sure but actually I'm always rather impressed by the amount of error-checking
tla does -- I think many programs would have blindly gone ahead an deleted
the disk or something... :-)

Anyway I'm going to try following the directions in your signing HOWTO to
make the archive completely signed, the current state is not happy.

Thanks,

-Miles
--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."