[Gnu-arch-users] tla changes

From: Brian May
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla changes
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:20:14 +1100

Hello,

I frequently use the tla changes command for various tasks.

However, the output seems to be more verbose then required. Especially
for the "explicit" tagging method.

For instance, not only does it list {additions,deletions,renames} to
source files, but it also lists {additions,deletions,renames} of the
corresponding .arch-ids/*.id files, too.

I consider this unnecessarily, as it should be implied that the *.id
files will have been changed with the corresponding source file.

Futher more, it really clutters the output, especially as the *.id
lines are most likely to exceed the terminal width.

Is it possible to hide these entries?

At the moment I am using:
tla changes --diffs | grep -v "\.arch-ids"

However, I don't consider this an entirely satisfactory
solution. Unlikely as it is, it could change the diffs as well as the
summary.

Comments?
--
Brian May <address@hidden>