[Gnu-arch-users] file path normalization for my-revision-library

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] file path normalization for my-revision-library
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:08:31 -0500

"tla my-revision-library" does not normalize/canonicalize its directory name argument. The functions it uses assume that two different directory names mean two different directories. Thus, it is possible to add the same library to the library path *twice*:

address@hidden:~/tlasrc$ tla my-revision-library /etc
address@hidden:~/tlasrc$ tla my-revision-library /etc/
address@hidden:~/tlasrc$ tla my-revision-library
/etc
/etc/

However, other tla commands treat /etc and /etc like the same directory.

This inconsistency can lead to a lot of confusion. This tiny patch adds path normalization to my-revision-library. At the moment, normalization merely removes any trailing backslashes.

http://www.aaronbentley.com/tla-devel
revision tlasrc--local--1.2--patch-7

No attempt is made to deal with hard links or symlinks-- it could be argued that such trickery must be permitted.

Aaron