[Gnu-arch-users] OP2() elimination

From: Tez Kamihira
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] OP2() elimination
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:06:02 +0900 (JST)

Below two patches can eliminate OP2() macro in every cmd-*.c files
in tla. It's not just an aesthetic issue, but strongly related to i18n,
because OP() and OP2() operators split a whole description strings
into two or more lines.

As I've already said last year, There are variety of natural
language structures in the world. English has S + V + O, but
Japanese & some other languages have S + O + V structure. Recently
I heard that Arabic starts with Verb.

    address@hidden/hackerlab--OP2-eliminate--0.1
    address@hidden/tla--OP2-eliminate--0.1

Using the first patch, hackerlab's opt.c modules will be able to
recognize the string that is separated by one or more "\n" chars
correctly and print it as multiple formatted lines.

Sorry to say that these patches don't enable us to use i18n string
converter immidiately. The reason is, since the above strings are
initialized statically, we can't invoke gettext() function with
them. So this is merely a first step to i18n of tla.

Since there are many OP2() function calls in tla (=~ 100 places!),
I fixed only "cmd-my-id.c" at first. If above patches are preferable,
I'm ready to fix rest of the files.

        - Tez