[Gnu-arch-users] tla-bash-complete archive completion glitch

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-bash-complete archive completion glitch
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:52:59 -0500

There seems to be an odd glitch with the archive completion in all
versions of tla-bash-complete that I've tried.

The main symptom of the problem is that I have one e-mail at three
different domains -- wisq.org for personal stuff, wisq.net for public
stuff, and hgn.ca for work stuff.  And I have archives registered for
all three.

Typically, any attempt to do, for example,

        tla get -A wisq@<TAB>

results in the rather odd

        tla get -A wisqwisq@

Further, this seems to apply to a lot of other cases, too:

        tla register-archive address@hidden /tmp/foo-2004
        tla abrowse foo<TAB>     ---> address@hidden
        tla abrowse foo@<TAB>    ---> address@hidden

Or, with the above case,

        tla abrowse wi<TAB>
        ---> tla abrowse wisq@<TAB>
        ---> tla abrowse wisqwisq@

(Naturally, since I don't have any wisqwisq archives, further tabs don't
do anything more spectacular.)

I'd cheerily fix it myself, but I'm no bash coder, sad to say.

This is with bash 2.05a & b.

Other than this, I've used it extensively at our company (moreso than at
home) without any issues.  And now that it has support for on-the-fly
archive overriding via -A (fetching completion data from the right
archive), it's sure to see even more use.  Thanks guys.