[Gnu-arch-users] ah...we seem to back on the air. (i hope!)

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] ah...we seem to back on the air. (i hope!)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:26:59 -0800 (PST)

So, as you've probably noticed, the mailing list went bye-bye for
a number of days.

First off: I suggest that everyone using signatures take a look back
in the archives (personal or via the links in this message) at the
message titled "(fairly minor) SECURITY ISSUE".

Second: there's been plenty 'o development activity by people who are
not me.   When we left off, this stuff was in various stages of
readiness for merging.   So, two things:

First, over the next seven weeks, if you have been engaged in some of
that activity, please help me to catch up in an orderly way.

Second, for those of you interested in or engaged in hacking arch,
please look back in the archives for a message titled "how about a
game?".   The ideas put forward in that message evolved a little bit
on IRC since it was posted to gnu-arch-users -- but generally, I think
that that message is a good indicator of The Way Forward.

Finally -- while the mailing list was out I prepared a 1.2pre1 release
but was unable to send the announcement.  I think I shall not now
(other than this) announce that release but would rather tweak the
documentation regarding the problem mentioned in the "SECURITY ISSUE"
email and make a 1.2pre2.   So again, please have a look at that
security issue email.

Thank You