Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Two Wikis

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Two Wikis
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:22:18 +0100

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 10:54:57AM -0500, O. Moskalenko wrote:
> * David Allouche <address@hidden> [2004-01-21 15:53:58 +0100]:
> > Any help in moving stuff from gnuarch.org to wiki.sourcecontrol.net is
> > appreciated. The admin of the former seems to have vanished.
>
> Do you want to keep the same structure in the moved pages? I assumed so
> and started moving "Why Use Arch".

I can not say "we" when talking about the Wiki.

But if you ask my personal opinion, I'd say "no". I do not want to keep
the hairball structure of the old wiki in the new. Individual pages
which are found of interest should be moved to the new wiki, after being
reviewed to be sure they are up to date, but there is no compelling
reason to move in all the old stuff.

That is essentially how I made the "Arch and CVS in the same tree" page,
by copying and updating a page of interest in the old wiki.

http://wiki.sourcecontrol.net/moin.cgi/moin.cgi/Arch_20and_20CVS_20in_20the_20same_20tree

Also, this transition should be a good occasions for wiki contributors
to think about why the old wiki went wrong and put up a better
structure.

But what I say does not mean to be representative of what any other wiki
contributor thinks.

--
                                                            -- ddaa