Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch wikis

From: Adrien Beau
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch wikis
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:10:19 +0100

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 23:42, Robert Collins wrote:

> One of the key problems with the old Wiki was that no-one
> appeared to know it. I also found that it wasn't in Googles
> index in the past...

gnuarch.org has been on the first page of Google for a couple of
months now, and it has been climbing fast in the past few weeks.
It is currently number 5 when you just search for "arch" (which
means you don't even have to scroll down to find it anymore).
This is a recent change, I think it was #7 or #8 just one or two
weeks ago.

> Does the new one appear in Googles index?

Not in the five first pages when you just search for "arch". If
you search for "arch wiki" (much less likely), then gnuarch.org
is #1 and wiki.sourcecontrol.net is #5. Between them are three
mailing list messages that talk about the new wiki at
arch.fifthvision.net and about the new new wiki at gnuarch.org. :-/

gnuarch.org is going to be quite a problem in the next three and
a half years if Talli Somekh gives no sign of life. Has anyone
tried all the contact info listed at http://www.museatech.net/contactus ?

--
address@hidden - http://adrien.beau.free.fr/