Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Installing Arch part 2

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Installing Arch part 2
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:04:49 -0600

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 11:24, Jade Rubick wrote:
> I'm using GNU Make version 3.79.1 on Debian stable (thanks for the
> question Dustin).

Interesting.

When *I* configure tla 1.1 on Debian/stable without telling it to use a
different diffutils installation, configure prints the following
message:

        The configured versions of diff and diff3 do not handle files
        not ending in newline correctly.

          configured diff = diff.
          configured diff3 = diff3.

        Use config options
          --with-gnu-diff PROG
          --with-gnu-diff3 PROG

          NOTE: especially on BSD-derived systems, you will want
           to grab a recent version of GNU diff and compile it for use
           with those config options.   You don't need to replace
           the native diff tools on your system, but you do need to
           configure tla specially.   Sorry about that -- some BSDs
           have made a poor decision about their native diffs.

           (Example systems: some NetBSD, FreeBSD, and MacOS versions.)

...thus telling me that I need a newer diffutils.

Are you not seeing this?