Re: [Gnu-arch-users] J-Black. PLEASE STOP MY MIRROR.

From: Tez Kamihira
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] J-Black. PLEASE STOP MY MIRROR.
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:21:48 +0900 (JST)

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 00:00:18 -0800, David Brown <address@hidden> said:
> Did they elaborate?  It is a very short license, and about the only
> thing you are required to do is provide the license agreement with
> source and binary distributions.  Did you leave the license file in the
> distribution?  You also must leave copyright notices in files, even when
> you modify them.

ViewCVS's license file is curious. LICENSE.html is included in ViewCVS-0.9.2,
but not included in recent CVS repository. So ViewARCH didn't include it.
from now on, I'll include it. thanks for the advice. :)

> What copyright were you releasing ViewARCH under (I can't look at it any
> more :-).  The ViewCVS license is just the "new" BSD license, with the
> endorsement clause not present (perhaps an older version).  It is
> certainly compatible with the GPL.  Just don't remove their copyright
> notices from files.

I want to put ViewARCH under GPL and include it in ViewARCH tree.

I've already sent e-mail to the auther to clarify what part of files
violates his rights. Maybe he can tell me.

       - Tez