[Gnu-arch-users] "ignoring" a specific patch when merging

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] "ignoring" a specific patch when merging
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:44:59 -0500

I have a situation where I have two trees that I'd like to be
identical except for the contents of one file.  I thought I could
do this by making a branch, but it's a headache at best.  Once I
make the change in one branch, I have to manually select
revisions to merge from then on.  What I want to do is say
"ignore patch-N" when merging these two trees.  Merge everything
else.

Unfortunately I can't split the file in question into another
tree and use a config for this.

Is there a way to do this (ignore a certain patch when merging)?
 Has anyone else needed something like this?  Am I missing an
easier way to do it?

Thanks,
Bob