[Gnu-arch-users] Tutorial suggestion

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Tutorial suggestion
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:02:53 -0700

Since things like the tla revisions command are smart enough to use the current category--branch--revision, tla would seem easier if some of the example commands in the tutorial omitted the name.

 See section 11.5 in particular, which has:

% tla revisions hello-world--mainline--0.1
base-0
patch-1

While:

% tla revisions
base-0
patch-1

though not at precise, is more appropriate for a tutorial where you're trying to give people the flavor of the commands.

Its much more reassuring to me to know that I don't have to be constantly typing the full branch specification each time. It also makes the commands look shorter.

 Pierce