Re: [Gnu-arch-users] What is arch? (Alternative answer)

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] What is arch? (Alternative answer)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:09:34 -0800

Pierce T. Wetter III wrote:

I think arch is better at working the way developers actually work, as opposed to the way that its easiest to write a revision control system. So I think that's worth trumpeting.

It's a nice thought and probably true in many respects, but is too vague as stated. How, specifically?

Your "not a tree, but a spiderweb" line just doesn't have any substance, and is probably more misleading than anything. Your "good merging capabilities" line is true, but it's also been on every bullet list that's been drawn up for, oh, a few years now.

Bob