[Gnu-arch-users] Dumb Question, which I answered, then had another one.

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Dumb Question, which I answered, then had another one.
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:05:22 -0700

 Since there was a new tla release, I figured I would just use:

 tla update

 to update my tla tarball.

 Which of course said that the archive wasn't registered.

 Doh! Ok, I can do that:

[tibook:~/tla-1.2pre3] pierce% tla register-archive address@hidden http://regexps.srparish.net/{archives}/address@hidden
archive already registered: address@hidden
[tibook:~/tla-1.2pre3] pierce% tla archives address@hidden
    http://regexps.srparish.net/archives/address@hidden

Doh! Just answered my own question.

I didn't put "" around the location, so the shell ate the {}

ARRGH! Hmmm....register-archive won't let me overwrite either...Ok, editing =locations by hand...

Suggestion to others though.

Instead of:

  archive: address@hidden
  location: http://regexps.srparish.net/{archives}/address@hidden

Why not just use:

tla register-archive address@hidden "http://regexps.srparish.net/{archives}/address@hidden";

Even the old hands would rather cut and paste I would expect, and it would help the newbies to "get" it.

Of course, tla update on my tarball didn't do anything. I think I need to do tla set-tree-version first, because the tar bar is on a different branch?

 Pierce