Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch backend for emacs' vc.el

From: Waldemar Żurowski
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch backend for emacs' vc.el
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:45:09 +0100

Ollivier Robert wrote:
According to Waldemar Zurowski:

It looks nice. It seems that you implemented just those I skipped and common parts are implemented almost the same...

Do any of these work also with xemacs?

No.

I've already answer such question, but I do it again.

'vc' in xemacs is old and it is not capable to extend for other backends without modyfing vc.el file itself.

In short, someone should port newer 'vc' for xemacs, but it is not so easy, and nobody wants to do that for now. At least this is what I've seen on xemacs' users list.

Personally, I am not so desperated to start porting of 'vc'.

But my desperation grows ;)

Waldemar