[Gnu-arch-users] Re: subversion vs. cvs (vs. arch) over on pgsql-hackers

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: subversion vs. cvs (vs. arch) over on pgsql-hackers
Date: 25 Mar 2004 18:44:38 -0500

>       Personally, I don't understand the strong attraction to svn.

It's marketed as "just like CVS but better".  And it's buzz-word compliant
and it took so much time and effort to write it that it just has to be
really great.

Now don't take me wrong: I think SVN is a good product and their
documentation is definitely really good and it has several areas where it's
way better than Arch (large trees where you typically only work on some
subtree of the whole, for one).

I really dislike the binary blobs and the lack of merge-history, tho, but
those are things that lite-users won't notice.

        Stefan