Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: how to best tag releases

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: how to best tag releases
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:17:08 +0200

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 03:02, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> I have a point of clarification about this. Does this tag the /current/
> patch level or is it essentially tagging 'HEAD' (in CVS terms) so the
> tag will point to different code at different times?

If you look into the CONTINUATION file, you'll notice that a specific
tag is given -- it wouldn't make sense at all to have a tag that moves
with the other branch, you couldn't even build the source for branch
(modulo cacherev presence) if that happened.

So yes, it tags the current revision, once its there its static.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/
Key-ID: 9AB78CA5 Johannes Martin Berg <address@hidden>