Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [bug: 98]

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [bug: 98]
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 15:28:17 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>

    > Fixed in
    > address@hidden/tlasrc--inventory--1--patch-4

I think (asuffield might correct me) that the proper protocol here is:

A) mark the bug as fixed.

   Send mail to g-a-u but BCC'ed to address@hidden (and perhaps
   with a reply-to: to g-a-u) whose body begins:

        fixed 98 address@hidden/tlasrc--inventory--1--patch-4

B) submit a merge request

   Send mail to g-a-u with the subject line substring "[MERGE REQUEST: lord]"
   and a body that begins (column 0, optional preceeding blank lines,
   mandatory end-of-message or following blank lines followed by
   arbitrary text):

        Bug: 98

(A) records that a fix is available.

(B) puts your merge request in my queue so it doesn't get lost.  The
    "Bug:" pseudo-header attaches your merge request to the bug.

I think the end-game here is to have those messages driven from your
commit hook based on magic strings you put in the log message.