[Gnu-arch-users] [REJECT: merge-robertc-2] odd cachedrev/mirror change

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [REJECT: merge-robertc-2] odd cachedrev/mirror change
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 16:44:13 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Robert Collins <address@hidden>

    > > Could you please write a quick explanation rather than having me try
    > > to reverse engineer it?

    > 'tla archive-mirror archive revision' now special cases handling of
    > cacherevs, and syncronises the source state to the mirror - adding or
    > removing as needed.

    > This is one solution to 'how do I get a good cacherev of revision X'
    > onto my mirror AFTER the revision itself is there, without any bogosity
    > like checking this on /every revision/.

That's what I gathered.   It seems rather random.   It's surprising to
see this special case behavior.   Assuming I wanted to sink with a
mirror source at all, I don't see any good reason to do it revision by
revision.   Assuming that a mirror source was in a different cachedrev
state that I wanted to emulate, copying from the mirror state isn't
obviously the right way to do it.