Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [REJECT: merge-robertc-13]

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [REJECT: merge-robertc-13]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 20:09:36 -0400

Tom Lord wrote:
I hate to be a pill about this but please bust this up into separate
merge requests.  It's helpful to add a body to the requests, too,
unless what they do is utterly trivial (e.g., no need to explain error
message fixes but explaining why tree-lint needed repair would be
helpful).

The patchlog for patch-11 provide a pretty good explanation of what's going on, though in this case it could reference my original bug report too.

Patches applied:

 * address@hidden/snapshot-tla--devo--1.3--base-0
   tag of address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-1

 * address@hidden/tlasrc--inventory--1--patch-2
tag of address@hidden/snapshot-tla--devo--1.3--base-0

 * address@hidden/tlasrc--inventory--1--patch-3
   got commit and others to honor the untagged-source unrecognized option

 * address@hidden/tlasrc--inventory--1--patch-4
   Prevented directories from matching .id files in tree-lint

tree-ilnt fixes

  patch-11
    merge address@hidden/tlasrc--inventory--1 - tree-lint fixes for .id's &
directories, untagged-source unrecognized

A single integration branch is probably fine -- helpful even.   But a
rule of thumb is to split up the merge requests into units that I
might want to individually merge or reject.

My smallstuff branches have mostly unrelated changes:

patch-1: Cleanup for commit
patch-5: Fixed bug when adding to a library using a library on another device
patch-10: Updated error message based on discussions with Tom Lord
patch-14: added --silent option to file-find

If we divide up the merge requests into units that you might want to individually merge or reject, we'll wind up with something like the subdivisions that I originally made. In that case, it doesn't make much sense to put them in integration, right?

Shall I start mailbombing you smallstuff merge requests?

Aaron