[Gnu-arch-users] archive encryption

From: Jaeyoun Chung
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] archive encryption
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 10:03:27 +0900

Hello,

I'm managing proprietary software with tla. Sometimes I really want to have
the archives stored in an encrypted form. I backup the archives with 'tla
archive-mirror' and the problem is that the mirrored server might not be
secure enough so that simple chmod 700 ~/archives is not good enough.

The best thing would be encrypt the mirrored archves with gpg so that even if
any malicious user have access to the archive, still the source code is not
revealed.

I know that this is quite anti-free software way of thinking, but I think it
would be a great to have one:)