[Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] renaming arch changelog panics arch on next prist

From: Michael Poole
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] renaming arch changelog panics arch on next pristine update
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:32:13 -0400

The actual archive this happened to is at
http://arch.srvx.net/~entrope/arch-2004/, both the ircu--devo--2.10.12
version and arch-bug--devo--0 (the second has fewer patches, so the
problem is clearer).  I am using tla-1.2-3 from Debian sid.

The projects use implicit tagging and started with a non-arch
ChangeLog file.  I decided to move that to another name and create an
arch ChangeLog file in its place.  That worked as expected.  Then I
realized it would probably be easier to keep the CVS and arch trees in
sync if the _arch_ ChangeLog were named differently.  So I moved the
arch changelog from ChangeLog to ChangeLog.arch, and moved the CVS
changelog to ChangeLog.  When arch tries to build a pristine tree for
that patch, it panics.

How I produced this behavior:

- To get base-0:
cd ~/src
mkdir arch-bug
cd arch-bug
tla archive-setup arch-bug--devo--0
tla init-tree arch-bug--devo--0
echo "This is not an arch ChangeLog." > ChangeLog
tla add ChangeLog
tla import

- To get patch-1:
tla mv ChangeLog ChangeLog.other
tla changelog > ChangeLog
cat ChangeLog
tla add -i "address@hidden/arch-bug--devo--0" ChangeLog
tla make-log
tla commit

- To get patch-2:
tla mv ChangeLog ChangeLog.arch
tla mv ChangeLog.other ChangeLog
tla make-log
tla commit

That "tla commit" displays these lines and exits:

* update pristine tree (address@hidden/arch-bug--devo--0--patch-1 =>
arch-bug--devo--0--patch-2)
Error calling `vu_lstat' for
"/home/mdpoole/src/arch-bug/,,address@hidden/arch-bug--devo--0--patch-2.patches/removed-files-archive/./ChangeLog"