Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fw: [Fwd: [BUG] revlib: old additions not hardlinke

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fw: [Fwd: [BUG] revlib: old additions not hardlinked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:06:06 -0400

>> 1. Create revision library, sparse and greedy
>> 2. tla get ...-patch-101
>> 3. tla get ...-patch-100
[ hardlinking is not performed in the library between 100 and 101]

The more I've sat back and though about this one, the more reasonable it
seems. All it really takes is teaching the library code to look to see
if there's any previous revision in the library, and if so, try
hardlinking against that.

I can see a minor problem or two (which upon second thought probably
apply to building the library forward!)
that I bet that exist with forward

> I think this is addressed by the backbuilder stuff, and thus there's no
> need to create a bug report.

You sure? That doesn't sound like what AB (Bentley) is doing to me. I
think his work does something along the lines of "If I want to tla get
this--that--1--patch-80, and there are cacherevs at patch-20 and
patch-90, then get the cacherev at 90, and reverse the patches between
patch-80 and patch-90 to get to patch-80"

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!