Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Suggestion for the Bug Goo

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Suggestion for the Bug Goo
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:43:35 +0100

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 05:15:06PM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >>This "Bug Goo" system is really nice.
> >>One thing I'd like to see: In  each message posted by the robot, a URL
> >>pointing to the related bug at bugs.gnuarch.org. That's something most
> >>bug trackers do, and it's appreciable.
> >

> >Another would be to try and put more "References" in the email sent.
> >I haven't tracked it down yet, but I have the impression that related
> >threads get cut which makes reading the mailinglist much less enjoyable.

That's down to the people, I can't do anything about it. All the mails
sent automatically have proper thread context derived from the one
they are responding to.

> Yeah, it would also be nice if the bugs themselves contained hyperlinks
> to the mailing list archives.

I can't do anything with pipermail archives; it is impossible to
figure out what the URL will be just by looking at the mail, since
it's constructed based on the sequence in which they are
received. Worse, the URLs are not necessarily stable over time.

I may feed the list into lurker at some point and reference that, but
there are other priorities at present.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |