Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Wiki invasions

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Wiki invasions
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:50:10 +0200

Frederic Gobry <address@hidden> writes:

> they document a method of rejecting changes that contain a given
> content. I dit not look at the messed up pages, but this can be a
> solution if the same content is put over and over.

Usually, they are links pointing to the same sites, yes.

The other problem is page  reverted. I'm afraid any robot (even google
bot for example) may "click" revert links even without bad intention.

I think that's what happened today.

> Otherwise, only allowing registered users is an idea which does not
> put too much constraints on the users (except the strangely designed
> login page in Moin Moin...)

And  it's anyway a  good think  to encourrage  people to  register. It
makes the RecentChanges page much more readable.

--
Matthieu