Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch on mac osX and windows

From: Frederic Gobry
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch on mac osX and windows
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:23:48 +0200

> Everywhere i speak about arch, people answer that it isn't well
> supported on other platform than unix. Is it still true ?

MacOSX: it's an Unix, and arch works well on it if you use fink's
version of diff / patch. Only caveat: HFS+ is case independent by
default, which can cause problems if your archives are also used on
case dependent filesystems.

Windows: there are several solutions available, which work, but not as
optimally as with Unix systems (I use Lode Leroy's port, which works
but is slow and has some issues from time to time. I never lost data
however).

See the wiki (http://wiki.gnuarch.org/) for more info.

Frédéric