[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] changes should run tree-lint like commit

From: Andrzej Wąsowski
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] changes should run tree-lint like commit
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:09:25 +0200

William Dode <address@hidden> writes:
> i thought also that an option --simulate would be great for each
> commands who record somethings.

I also miss the --simulate or --pretend option a lot. It would be a
great aid and I think it would also allow easier learning. Basically
whenever I am in doubt whether I am doing something right (as a newbie)
I would just run --pretend instead of digging through documentation. It
is often enough to asses correctness based on messages. This could also
lessen the unwanted empty-commits effect (discussed in the nearby
thread).

Andrzej