Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory w

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 20:24:49 +0900

    Adrian> Stuff like CVS is the exact opposite, and (IMO) maybe
    Adrian> should've gone the hidden directory route.  There is no
    Adrian> 'tree root' in CVS, and the only time you would want to
    Adrian> edit anything in it is if you broke CVS.  (Plus there's so
    Adrian> many of them.)

FWIW, I edit both Root (to toggle a tree from r/o anon pserver to r/w
ext) and Repository (to change absolute paths to `cat Root`-relative)
all the time.

Since {arch} is only actually visible in the root, I'm just as happy
using tla tree-root.

In fact, hiding it would be a benefit to me personally.  Although I've
never had reason to do it except nosiness, I have often enough found
myself rooting around for something nonexistent in dists--devo--1.0 or
the like, simply because "{" had a TAB expansion to "{arch}/"....