Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues (why no bdiff for Arch)

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues (why no bdiff for Arch)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:28:02 -0400

address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:
>> Then I suggest you get working on a patch to arch that gives arch xdelta
>> support before the next time the archive format changes. :)

Matthieu Moy says:
> I'm working quite hard on xtla at the moment. I think the users are
> happy with my work and I'm much more efficient working on xtla than I
> would be on tla.
My understanding is that this is some sort of emacs plugin.

How does this solve the bdiff issue? What sort of archive compatibility
problems do you expect for users that either don't have xtla, or don't
have emacs?

Shrug. Some people like front ends, some don't. I'm part of the latter
group.

With stabile software, front ends are pointless. With software still
undergoing heaving development, they're downright dangerous.

Matthieu Moy says:
> My previous experiments with submitting patches to tla were not very
> encourraging (one savanah but, two posts on this ML to have a one-line
> patch accepted to fix webdav authentication. A patch to implement a
> ~/.authinfo password management that seems to have been completely
> buried)

I feel your pain. Seriously.

Matthieu Moy says: