Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] corruption after cacherev (archive checksum m

From: Jean Helou
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] corruption after cacherev (archive checksum mismatch)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:11:41 +0200

Gavin Baker wrote:

I can certainly test an update - problem is, the trigger is intermittent

and rare.

Interestingly enough, when I had a peek in
{arch}/++pristine-trees/unlocked I found patch-2 and patch-4.

I tried doing a 'tla uncacherev' again, then test with 'tla cachedrevs'
and patch-4 is still listed.  The files in the pristine tree remain
untouched.  I'd have thought these would be deleted, no?

 :: G
I think you are mistaken as to what cacherev does :

cache a full source tree in an archive
usage: tla cacherev [options] [revision]

Cache a full-text copy of the indicated revision
in the archive.   This can speed up subsequent calls
to "tla get" for that and subsequent revisions.

If no revision is specified, but the command is run
from within a project tree, cache the latest revision
in the default version of that tree.

Cacherev does not affect the pristine tree in you working directory, it only affects the archive on which you cacherev. Is also won't provide you with a local cache of a revision (see after the warning on how to get that)

<WARNING changing the archive by hand _is_ DANAGEROUS>
if uncacherev/cacherev doesn't work, you can still get rid of the problem by manually editing cacherev.checksum in your archive. This should be safe, but a backup of your archive can't do you any bad.
</WARNING>

What you seem to want is a local mirror of the archive (use tla make-archive -H and take a look at --mirror), or a revision library (probably greedy).

Jean