Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: in-tree builds

From: nadim
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: in-tree builds
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 11:22:19 +0200

On Saturday 26 June 2004 09:30, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Juliusz Chroboczek <address@hidden> writes:
> > TL> I'm saying:  even if you want to get inventory to ignore in-tree
> > TL> build-products, changing `untagged-source' is _not_ the right way
> > to TL> do it.   It's too error prone.
> >
> > Okay.  So what /is/ the right way to do it?

You are trying to fix a non tla related problem with tla.

It might be obvious but why not build outside the tree? Either re-write
your makefiles or find a better tool. In-tree build is among the ugliest
you can do and unfortunately seen too often. I remember I once had the
same prblem with makefiles I didn't have control over, I shadowed the the
whole tree to another directory and build there. It wasn't the most
comfortable but it worked.

my 2 cents, Nadim.