Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:21:17 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Jan Hudec <address@hidden>

    > For one thing arch needs SOME embeded language.

For so many reasons, yes.   Sad, perhaps, but true.

    > Now to the choice of language. I think Tom said it clearly enough, that
    > furth is a simple prototype for pika VM (though, do we need another
    > scheme VM, now that we are going to have parrot?).

That perspective won't hurt people and might do some good.

Furth is not simply a Scheme VM.   More relevently to arch, I think
that Furth is _also_ a good VM for many interesting (drastic) subsets
of Scheme and it is such drastic subsets that I expect to appear in
things like arch control files.