Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)

From: Haakon Riiser
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:30:46 +0200

Matthew,

> Haakon Riiser <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I get this error all the time:
>>
>>   corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)
>>     archive: address@hidden
>>     revision: baz--zot--0--patch-100
>>     You should remove this revision from your library.
>
> Try 'tla library-remove address@hidden/baz--zot--0--patch-100' and
> repeat for any other corrupt libraries you find.
>
> The most likely cause would be if you used 'tla get --link' and then
> used a text editor that doesn't break hardlinks, but maybe a script
> touched the files in your revision library.  Let us know if
> library-remove doesn't fix your problem.

I did not use the --link option and I was already using 1.2.1, so
I'm guessing something else caused the problem.  But thanks for
your and everyone else's suggestions!

By the way, is it OK to also have the working copy on NFS?  Only the
revision library should be on a local filesystem, right?

--
 Haakon