Re: [Gnu-arch-users] address@hidden: Re: archives (was The other parts o

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] address@hidden: Re: archives (was The other parts of the report....]
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:24:56 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Andrew Suffield <address@hidden>

    > On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 04:55:14PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
    > > No, I'm not kidding.   We collectively have something to offer here
    > > and I certainly don't have time to pounce on this.   Are there no IETF
    > > fanpersons on the list besides me?

    > It's been years since they did anything vaguely interesting, so I
    > think you're just old...

Perhaps.  My take is that the world is bigger than you think and that
what you regard as trivial and glacially slow is, in fact, deep and
usefully conservative.  Slow means that *everyone* can get on board
and feel (correctly) comfortable doing so.  "And that's a good thing."
-- Martha Stewart.

W3C -- the sucky alternative -- well, they just (mostly) suck.
Pompous, flashy jackasses that they are.