Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] pika escaping corrupts taglines containing "

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] pika escaping corrupts taglines containing "
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:32:27 -0400

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 01:37:08AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> Perhaps we should modify new clients to update the .archive-version
> file on any archive transaction if it's format version 2, and change
> it to 3? Ugly, but I don't see a better solution...

If the issue is primarily committing stuff that another client can't
safely read, rather than a true archive format change (e.g. something
you'd see affecting 'archive-mirror'), perhaps putting that version in
a patch-log header might be a good idea.

Of course, it wouldn't solve the issue of older clients right today.