Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla help text

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla help text
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:08:35 -0500

Zenaan Harkness wrote:
In tla help messages, the convention seems to be to use UPPERCASE for
arguments (e.g. usage: tla star-merge [options] [FROM]).

Please branch tla, fix the help messages, and submit a merge request to
bug goo. Consider that as a retribution for the support you get from the
community.

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it up (not promising just exactly when
though).

cheers
zen

Honestly, it's probably not as hard as you think. You could probably at least fix the help text with:

$ tla tag -S address@hidden/tla--candidate--1.2.2--patch-1 \
        tla--helpfix--1.2.2

$ tla get tla--helpfix--1.2.2 tla
$ cd tla/libarch

$ $EDITOR cmd-register-archive.c
<fix fix fix>

<optionally double check that it compiles. If you're just changing help text, I wouldn't worry too much. But jblack would be happier if he doesn't have to do any work>

$ tla changes
$ tla commit

<Email a bug with [BUG] Tla Help Text to gau>

The only thing that you need is a public repository that people can get your patch from. And if you don't have one, jblack will give you one if you go to:
http://sourcecontrol.net/?m=getmirrored
Or
http://sourcecontrol.net/?m=getaccount

John